Meet Raymond F. Sekula Jr.
Dr. Raymond F. Sekula Jr. is a board certified, fellowship-trained neurosurgeon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Dr. Sekula is assistant professor of neurosurgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and director of the Cranial Nerve Disorders Program at UPMC. A native Pittsburgher, he is known nationally and internationally for his refinement of microvascular techniques, which may provide patients with improved outcomes, reduced complications, and easier recoveries.
Dr. Sekula specializes in minimally invasive neurosurgery, with particular interest in spinal conditions such as tumors, lesions, and degenerative and traumatic spinal disorders.
Dr. Sekula received his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C. Following a surgical internship and residency in neurological surgery, he completed advanced training and a fellowship in minimally invasive neurosurgery.
He has been recognized with numerous honors, including a Young Investigator Award through the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Pittsburgh Magazine’s “40 Under 40” Award.
Dr. Sekula is a neurosurgeon with UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
Directions to our primary location in
How Raymond F. Sekula Jr. Can Help You
- Basilar Invagination
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Disc Herniations
- Metastatic Tumor
- Spinal Canal and Cerebellum Conditions
- Spinal Conditions
- Spinal Lesions
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Vascular Malformations
- CT-Guided Surgery
- Endoscopic Spinal Tumor Resection
- Endoscopic Sympathectomy
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Reconstruction
- Traditional Surgery
- Tumor Resection
Accolades for Raymond F. Sekula Jr.
- Fellowship, Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery – Jannetta Center for Cranial Nerve Disorders, Pittsburgh, PA
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Medical Advisory Board of TNA
- Facial Pain Association
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Neurosurgical Society
- Board Certified, American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Raymond F. Sekula Jr.
UPMC Presbyterian200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
201 State Street
Erie, PA 16550
100 Fairfield Drive
Seneca, PA 16346
361 Hospital Drive
Specialty Services Building
Everett, PA 15537
26 Nesbitt Road
New Castle, PA 16105
Profile last updated: August 31, 2016. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.