Trusted Resource for Back and Neck Pain
Thousands of doctor written, doctor reviewed articles on back pain, neck pain, and related disorders; in-depth spine videos; vibrant discussion forums; doctor member profiles and online contact service; and more. Accurate, complete, unbiased health information you can trust.
Featured, Doctor-Reviewed Articles
- Lower Back Stabilization Exercises for Back Pain
- Lumbar stabilization is a type of active physical therapy designed to help strengthen lower back muscles. Learn the exercises in this approach.
- Orthopedic Surgeon vs. Neurosurgeon for Spine Surgery
- Both neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons can perform spine surgery. Learn the similarities and differences and how to choose between them.
- What Is Degenerative Disc Disease?
- Degenerative disc disease is a common cause of low back and neck pain, and also one of the most misunderstood diagnoses.
- What's a Herniated Disc, Pinched Nerve, Bulging Disc...?
- There are many terms used to describe spinal disc problems, but it's best to focus on the cause of and treatment for the condition.
- What You Need to Know About Sciatica
- Sciatica is not a condition, but rather a symptom of an underlying issue such as herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, or spinal stenosis.
- Chiropractic Care of the Upper Back
- Learn the common sources of upper back pain and the accepted chiropractic approaches used to treat them.