Trusted Resource for Back and Neck Pain
Thousands of doctor written, doctor reviewed articles on back pain, neck pain, and related disorders; in-depth spine videos; vibrant discussion forums; doctor member profiles and online contact service; and more. Accurate, complete, unbiased health information you can trust.
Featured, Doctor-Reviewed Articles
- Lower Back Pain Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Pain in the lumbar spine can be caused by one or more different spinal structures or conditions. Learn the symptoms and treatment options.
- Osteomyelitis, a Spinal Infection
- Osteomyelitis, also known as a spinal infection, is often spread to the vertebral body via the vascular system. It is a fairly rare cause of back pain.
- Choosing the Best Mattress for Lower Back Pain
- A mattress lacking in back support reinforces poor posture, strains low back muscles, and does not help keep the spine in alignment, all of which can increase low back pain.
- Lower Back Stabilization Exercises for Back Pain
- Lumbar stabilization is a type of active physical therapy designed to help strengthen lower back muscles. Learn the exercises in this approach.
- Orthopedic Surgeon vs. Neurosurgeon for Spine Surgery
- Both neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons can perform spine surgery. Learn the similarities and differences and how to choose between them.