Dr. Alan Villavicencio is a neurosurgeon and senior partner at Boulder Neurosurgical & Spine Associates, a private practice in Colorado. He specializes in complex spinal reconstructive surgery, spinal deformities, and minimally invasive surgery.
Dr. Villavicencio is actively involved in research. He has contributed chapters to textbooks and written numerous articles published in multiple peer-reviewed medical journals. He has presented hundreds of abstracts at national and international neurosurgical meetings and served as the principal investigator for numerous FDA Investigational Device Exemption clinical trials.
He is also a founder and chairman of the board for a nonprofit scientific research organization which conducts and shares clinical research with patients and the medical community.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, North American Spine Surgery
- Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, Colorado Neurosurgical Society
- Member, AANS/CNS Section on Disorders of the Spine and Peripheral Nerves
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- BA – University of California at San Diego
- MD – Harvard Medical School
- Internship – General Surgery, Duke University Medical Center
- Residency – Neurological Surgery, Duke University Medical Center
- Fellowship – Orthopedic Spine Surgery, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA