Dr. Ali Baaj is a neurosurgeon at the NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He specializes in complex and minimally invasive spine surgery for adults and children.
Dr. Baaj is the Co-Director of the Spinal Deformity and Scoliosis Program as well as an Associate Professor of Neurological Surgery at Weill Cornell Medicine. He served previously as the Director of the Spinal Neurosurgery Program at the University of Arizona.
He has authored hundreds of journal articles and book chapters and was on the editorial boards of Clinical Neurology and Neurosurgery and the Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques. He was also the lead editor on The Handbook of Spine Surgery.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, Scoliosis Research Society
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgery
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- BA – Boston University
- MA – Boston University
- MD – Boston University School of Medicine
- Internship – General Surgery, Johns Hopkins University
- Residency – Neurosurgery, University of South Florida
- Fellowship – Complex Spine Surgery, Johns Hopkins University
- Fellowship – Research, Spinal Biomechanics Laboratory at St. Joseph’s Hospital/Barrow Neurological Institute
- Fellowship – Pediatric Scoliosis, Necker's Children Hospital, Paris