Dr. Ali Baaj is a board-certified neurosurgeon who specializes in spinal surgery. Dr. Baaj received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Boston University School of Medicine and completed a neurosurgery residency at the University of South Florida. He received training in complex spine as a fellow at Johns Hopkins University.
He was the Neurosurgery faculty recipient of the Humanism in Neurosurgery award in both 2014 and 2015 while at the University of Arizona. He was named Faculty Teacher of the Year at Weill Cornell Neurosurgery in 2016.
- MA – Boston University
- MD – Boston University School of Medicine
- Internship – General Surgery, Johns Hopkins University
- Residency – Neurosurgery, University of South Florida
- Fellowship – Complex Spine, Johns Hopkins University
- Fellowship – Research, Spinal Biomechanics Laboratory at St. Joseph’s Hospital/Barrow Neurological Institute
- Fellowship – Pediatric Scoliosis, Necker's Children Hospital, Paris
Areas of Specialization
- Spine surgery
- Spinal oncology
- Complex reconstructive surgery for spinal deformity