Dr. Brian Subach is a neurosurgeon with Inova Health System. He specializes in complex spine surgery and has more than 20 years of clinical experience treating neck and back pain.
Dr. Subach is an active leader in spine surgery research, lecturing at national and international conferences and serving on committees for the American College of Neurological Surgeons, the North American Spine Society, and the American College of Surgeons.
For over a decade he served as the Editor-in-Chief of the Journal of the Spinal Research Foundation. He has contributed chapters to several textbooks and has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as Neurosurgery, Spine, and the Journal of Neurosurgery.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Spine Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Member, American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- American Board of Spinal Surgery
- BA – Kalamazoo College
- MD – University of Michigan Medical School
- Internship – General Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Residency – Neurological Surgery, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Fellowship – Complex Spinal Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine