Dr. Bruce Becker is a physiatrist with more than 3 decades of experience managing painful spine, muscle, and joint conditions using physical medicine, rehabilitation, and aquatic therapy.
Dr. Becker is a researcher and educator on aquatic therapy. He is the Director of the National Aquatics & Sports Medicine Institute at Washington State University and the President of the American Society of Medical Hydrology. He is the recipient of several aquatic therapy research grants and co-authored the textbook Comprehensive Aquatic Therapy, which has been published in multiple languages.
For several years Dr. Becker served as Medical Director at St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Institute and as a Clinical Professor in the Department of Rehabilitation Medicine at the University of Washington.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Fellow, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- BS – Iowa State University
- MD – Tulane University School of Medicine
- MS – Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Washington School of Medicine