Dr. Colin Haines is an orthopedic surgeon at Virginia Spine Institute, where he specializes in degenerative spine conditions and spinal deformities. Dr. Haines is also the Institute’s Director of Research, and he facilitates studies and trials to advance spinal treatments.
Dr. Haines has presented at national and international conferences, and his research has been published in textbook chapters and peer-reviewed journals, such as Spine, the Journal of the American Medical Association, and the Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine. He serves as a Reviewer for the journal BioMed Research International.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Bucknell University
- MD – University of Buffalo School of Medicine and Biomedicine Studies
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, George Washington University Hospital
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, Cleveland Clinic