Darren Riccio is a licensed physical therapist who has been working in the fields of physical therapy and rehabilitation and fitness since 1995. He is also certified in Maitland orthopedic manual therapy techniques, Olympic weight lifting, sports performance coaching, and fitness training. Darren founded Achieve Physical Therapy & Performance Enhancement in Scarsdale, NY in 2004. His practice focuses on providing myofascial soft tissue manipulation and Maitland-based therapy to treat a broad spectrum of orthopedic conditions, including spinal based pain and stiffness across all age groups. He is also experienced in functional progressive resistance training and sports specific conditioning.
Darren has authored academic publications, as well as developed training manuals and instructed continuing education unit (CEU) courses for physical therapists, occupational therapists, chiropractors, and other rehabilitation specialists.
- BA — Health and Exercise Science, Gettysburg College
- MS — Physical Therapy, Boston University, Sargent College of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences
Licenses and Certifications
- Certified Weight Trainer (CWT) — International Weightlifting Association (IWA)
- Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT) — Maitland-Australian Physiotherapy Seminars (MAPS)
- Certified Sports Performance Coach — USA Weightlifting
- Certified Fitness Trainer — International Sports Sciences Association (ISSA)
Achieve Physical Therapy & Performance Enhancement
313 Central Park Avenue
Scarsdale, NY 10583