Dr. David Kennedy is a physiatrist specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation of spinal disorders and diseases. He is Professor and Chair of the Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.
Dr. Kennedy previously held faculty leadership positions at Stanford University. He sits on the Board of Directors for the Spine Intervention Society and on the Board of Governors for the American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Dr. Kennedy also serves as the Deputy Editor for The Spine Journal and on the Editorial Board for Pain Medicine.
As a researcher, Dr. Kennedy has authored peer-reviewed articles in medical journals, such as Sports Medicine and Arthroscopy Review and The Spine Journal, and lectures frequently at national and international meetings. He was awarded a research grant from the Spine Intervention Society.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Board of Governors, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Board of Directors, Spine Intervention Society
- Past Member, Board of Trustees, Association of Academic Physiatry
- Interventional Spine Procedures Instructor, Coverage Committee Member, North American Spine Society
- Oral Board Examiner, American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification, Sports Medicine
- BA – Biology, Florida State University
- MD – University of Florida College of Medicine
- Internship – Department of Family Medicine, Tulane University
- Residency – Department of Rehabilitation, University of Washington
- Fellowship – Sports and Spine, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, Northwestern University
Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital
2201 Children's Way
Nashville, TN 37212