Dr. Paul McAfee is an orthopedic surgeon and Chief of Spine Surgery at Towson Orthopaedic Associates in Baltimore, MD. He specializes in cervical spine conditions and has been a practicing spine surgeon for more than 30 years.
Dr. McAfee has edited several books on spine arthroplasty and artificial disc replacement. His research has been published in Clinical Orthopaedics and Related Research, Spine, and the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
He has served as Associate Professor in the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and on the editorial boards of such medical journals as Spine, the Journal of Spine Disorders and Techniques, and The Spine Journal. Dr. McAfee is a member of the Medical Advisory Board for Veritas Health.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Orthopaedic Research Society
- Member, International Cervical Spine Research Society
- Member, Scoliosis Research Society
- Member, Spine Arthroplasty Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BA – University of Rochester
- MD – State University of New York Upstate Medical University
- Internship – General Surgery, University of Virginia School of Medicine
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, State University of New York Upstate Medical University
- Fellowship – Spinal Reconstructive Surgery, Case Western Reserve University