Dr. Richard Guyer is an orthopedic surgeon and co-founder of the Texas Back Institute. He has specialized in spine surgery for more than 30 years.
Dr. Guyer has participated in several clinical studies and teaches surgical techniques and lectures on artificial disc replacement. He serves as an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics at the University of Southwestern Medical School and as a member on the editorial board for medical journals such as Spine, The Spine Journal, and the ISASS Journal.
He is the Founder and Chairman of the Board of the Texas Back Institute Research Foundation and is a past president of the Texas Back Institute.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Past President, North American Spine Society
- Program Committee Co-Chair, Fellowship Committee Chairman, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Back Society
- Medical Director, Institute for Spine & Biomedical Research
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Ursinus College
- MD – University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Internship – Parkland Memorial Hospital, Southwestern School of Medicine
- Residency – Orthopedic Surgery, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, Case Western Reserve University
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, Leon Wiltse, MD