Dr. William Deardorff is a clinical health psychologist and specializes in providing psychological services to patients with chronic pain and spinal conditions. He has led a private practice for more than 30 years.
He has authored and co-authored several books, including Clinical Health Psychology in Medical Settings: A Practitioner’s Guidebook and The Psychology of Spine Surgery. He has also been published in medical journals, such as Health Education Quarterly.
Dr. Deardorff has served as Clinical Director of the PainCare Center of Valley Presbyterian Hospital and as Clinical Director of West Coast Spine Institute. He is on the Medical Advisory Board of Veritas Health.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, International Association for the Study of Pain
- Member, American Psychological Association
- American Board of Professional Psychology
- BA – University of California, Los Angeles
- PhD – Clinical Health Psychology, Washington State University
- Internship – Clinical Psychology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Fellowship – Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Los Angeles