- Share on Facebook
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Twitter
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Email this article
William Deardorff, PhD
Dr. William Deardorff is a clinical health psychologist and specializes in providing psychological services to patients with chronic pain and spinal conditions. He has led a private practice for more than 30 years.
He has authored and co-authored several books, including Clinical Health Psychology in Medical Settings: A Practitioner’s Guidebook and The Psychology of Spine Surgery. He has also been published in medical journals, such as Health Education Quarterly.
Dr. Deardorff has served as Clinical Director of the PainCare Center of Valley Presbyterian Hospital and as Clinical Director of West Coast Spine Institute. He is on the Medical Advisory Board of Veritas Health.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, International Association for the Study of Pain
- Member, American Psychological Association
- American Board of Professional Psychology
- BA – University of California, Los Angeles
- PhD – Clinical Health Psychology, Washington State University
- Internship – Clinical Psychology, University of Washington School of Medicine
- Fellowship – Kaiser Permanente Medical Center, Los Angeles
120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Articles Written by this Author
- 4 Tips to Help Cope With Chronic Pain and Depression
- Addressing Pain and Medical Problems Disrupting Sleep
- Chronic Pain and Insomnia: Breaking the Cycle
- Chronic Pain As a Disease: Why Does It Still Hurt?
- How Does Stress Cause Back Pain?
- Natural Remedies and Herbal Supplements as Sleep Aids
- Over-the-Counter (OTC) Medications as Short-Term Sleep Aids
- Practicing Good Sleep Hygiene
- Psychological Approaches for Insomnia
- Stress-Related Back Pain
- The Diagnosis of Stress-Related Back Pain
- Treating Insomnia with Non-Prescription Sleep Aids
- Treatments for Stress-Related Back Pain
- Types of Back Pain: Acute Pain, Chronic Pain, and Neuropathic Pain
- Understanding Chronic Pain
- Using Supplements, Natural Remedies and OTC Sleep Aids Safely
- When Acute Pain Becomes Chronic Pain
Author profile last updated