Meet Dr. Ronald C. Childs, MD
Dr. Childs is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with the Inova Spine Program.
As a medical director for the Inova Spine Program at the Inova Fairfax hospital, he brings robust experience caring for complex spine conditions, and offers world-class expertise in procedures such as minimally invasive lumbar spine surgery and artificial disc replacement.
Dr. Childs at a Glance
- Dr. Childs is a leader in spine care; he has served as chairman of the state’s Region II of the Workers Compensation Peer Review Board.
- He was voted a “Top Doctor” by Northern Virginia Magazine (2017).
Dr. Childs is passionate about restoring you to a high quality of life.
Dr. Childs is a member of Inova Spine Program.
How Dr. Ronald C. Childs, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Fellowship, Rush Presbyterian - St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago IL
- Residency, Howard, University, Washington D.C.
- Medical School, Howard University, Washington D.C.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Foot Drop
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Lower Back Pain
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Neck Pain
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy/Leg Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Tumors
- Work Injuries
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Bone Graft Substitutes
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Disc Arthoplasty
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Lumbar Corpectomy
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neck/Cervical Spine Surgery
- Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spine Surgery
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
Accolades for Dr. Ronald C. Childs, MD
- Medical Director - Inova Spine Program at Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Voted a Top Doctor by Washingtonian Magazine, 2015, 2017-2019
Office Information for Dr. Ronald C. Childs, MD
Inova Fairfax Hospital
3300 Gallows Road
Falls Church, VA 22042
- Inova Fair Oaks Hospital 3600 Joseph Siewick Drive Fairfax, VA 22033 Driving Directions
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.