The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. David L. Kaufmann, MD
Dr. Kaufmann is a board-certified neurosurgeon at UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
He specializes in treating degenerative and traumatic spinal disorders, cerebral aneurysms, and brain tumors.
Dr. Kaufmann at a Glance
- Dr. Kaufmann is experienced with spinal decompression and fusion surgery, complex spine surgery, and brain and spine trauma.
- He is a clinical assistant professor of neurological surgery at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and is chief of neurosurgery at UPMC Mercy.
Talk to Dr. Kaufmann and the leading-edge team at UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
Dr. Kaufmann is a member of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. David L. Kaufmann, MD Can Help You
- Residency - Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY
- Medical School - Yeshiva University, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY
- Balance Disorders
- Basilar Invagination
- Brain Tumors
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Pinched Nerve
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Fracture
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Vascular Malformations
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- CT-Guided Surgery
- Dorsal Root Entry Zone (DREZ)
- Dynamic Lumbar Stabilization
- Pain Management
- Pain Pumps
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spinal Fusion
- Spine Surgery
- Tumor Resection
What Patients are Saying About Dr. David L. Kaufmann, MD
Dr. Kaufmann Was very thoughtful, compassionate, and patient to all the questions I had for him, on my visit. Very easy to understand answers and also recommended me to four new specialist. Very good neurosurgeon!— UPMC Patient
He's an amazing surgeon and is very good at listening and addressing my concerns. He is patient even when I have a lot of questions. I am very happy with my doctor!— UPMC Patient
Lumbar surgery 2 days ago has apparently eliminated the unbearable chronic back and leg pain that has plagued me over the past several weeks and for that, I am eternally grateful to Dr Kaufmann and his Staff.— UPMC Patient
Dr Kaufmann took me in really fast although I was 2 hours early. He seemed to be truly concerned on my condition explained everything in detail and he seems like a very genuine person. Thanks for the great service. Dr. Kaufmann made me feel very comfortable during my appointment.— UPMC Patient
Accolades for Dr. David L. Kaufmann, MD
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Neurosurgical Society
- Neurological Surgery
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. David L. Kaufmann, MD
UPMC Mercy Professional Building
1350 Locust Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Profile last updated: August 8, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.