Meet Dr. Ibrahim Hussain
Dr. Hussain is a neurosurgeon with Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care.
He is an accomplished neurosurgeon with advanced fellowship training in endoscopic, minimally invasive, and complex reconstructive spine surgery.
Dr. Hussain at a Glance
- Dr. Hussain treats patients with the full spectrum of spinal disorders, including those with disc herniations, age-related degenerative arthritis, fractures, spinal cord injury, infections, primary and metastatic spinal cord tumors, congenital anomalies, and scoliosis.
- His practice devotes significant resources to revision surgeries in those who have had prior spine surgery, and those with peripheral nerve problems such as tumors and compressive neuropathies.
- He has trained with the pioneers of spine surgery and uses and is involved in the development of state-of-the-art intraoperative technologies that aim to make surgeries safer and less invasive, including three-dimensional computer-assisted navigation, endoscopy, robotics, and augmented reality.
- He has special interest in performing outpatient and “awake” spine surgeries when appropriate for patients, which aim to get patients home faster and without the negative effects of general anesthesia.
Dr. Hussain provides the most advanced techniques and capabilities to improve his patient outcomes.
Dr. Hussain is a member of Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care.
How Dr. Ibrahim Hussain Can Help You
- Spine Surgeon
- MD, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, 2013
- BA, Rutgers-The State University of New Jersey, 2008
- Acute Pain
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Facet Syndrome
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Lower Back Pain
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Sacroiliac (SI) Joint Dysfunction
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy/Leg Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Fracture
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Endoscopic Microdiscectomy
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neck/Cervical Spine Surgery
- Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (PLIF)
- Posterolateral Lumbar Fusion
- Spinal Cord Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spine Surgery
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
Office Information for Dr. Ibrahim Hussain
Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care
240 East 59th Street
New York, NY 10022
Tuesday: 9:00 - 5:00
Wednesday: 9:00- 5:00
Thursday: 9:00 - 5:00
Friday: 9:00 - 5:00
- NYP Lower Manhattan 156 William Street New York, NY 10038 Driving Directions
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.