Meet Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD
Dr. Schuster is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Penn Medicine.
His clinical expertise includes a full range of spinal conditions, and he offers an array of cutting-edge treatments (such as minimally invasive spine surgery) designed to help patients experience lasting relief.
Dr. Schuster at a Glance
- Dr. Schuster is the director of neurotrauma, associate professor orthopaedic surgery, and associate professor of neurosurgery.
- He was recognized by Best Doctors in America (2011-2012).
Dr. Schuster strives to deliver outstanding care to every patient he treats.
Dr. Schuster is a member of Penn Medicine.
How Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD Can Help You
- MD – Duke University
- Residency – University of Washington School of Medicine
- Residency – Atkinson Morley's Hospital, London
- Fellowship – University of Washington
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Brain Tumors
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Spinal Fracture
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Tumors
- Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Lumbar Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Instrumentation
- Spinal Stabilization
- Spine Surgery
What Patients are Saying About Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD
Accolades for Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD
- Residency Program Director
- Director of Neurotrauma
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- AO Spine International
- AO Spine North America Faculty
- Data Monitoring and Safety Committee, NIH trial: Vertebroplasty for Osteoporotic Fractures
- Pennsylvania Neurosurgical Society
- The American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Best Doctors in American 2009-2010, 2011-2012
Office Information for Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD
Penn Medicine University City
3737 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Visit Dr. Schuster's Profile on The Penn Medicine Website
Like Penn Medicine on Facebook
- Penn Neurosurgery Westtown 210 Willowbrook Lane West Chester, PA 19382 Driving Directions
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.