Meet Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD
Dr. Schuster is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Penn Medicine.
His clinical expertise includes a full range of spinal conditions, and he offers an array of cutting-edge treatments (such as minimally invasive spine surgery) designed to help patients experience lasting relief.
Dr. Schuster at a Glance
- Dr. Schuster is the director of neurotrauma, associate professor orthopaedic surgery, and associate professor of neurosurgery.
- He was recognized by Best Doctors in America (2011-2012).
Dr. Schuster strives to deliver outstanding care to every patient he treats.
Dr. Schuster is a member of Penn Medicine.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD Can Help You
- Fellowship - University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Residency - University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, Washington
- Residency - University of Washington, Seattle, Washington
- Residency - Atkinson Morley's Hospital, London, England
- Medical School - Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Disc Degeneration
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Spinal Diseases
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Injuries
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Tumors
- Herniated Disc Surgery
- Lumbar Disc Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Instrumentation
- Spinal Stabilization
- Spine Surgery
What Patients are Saying About Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD
Dr Schuster is a wonderful doctor and I would HIGHLY recommend him to everyone I know with confidence.—
The doctor and training doctor were wonderful. I would recommend the doctor and hospital to everyone and praise them all.—
Accolades for Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD
- Residency Program Director
- Director of Neurotrauma
- Associate Professor of Neurosurgery at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- AO Spine International, International
- AO Spine North America Faculty, National
- Data Monitoring and Safety Committee, NIH trial: Vertebroplasty for Osteoporotic Fractures, National
- Pennsylvania Neurosurgical Society, Local
- The American Association of Neurological Surgeons, National
- The Congress of Neurological Surgeons, National
- Neurological Surgery
- Best Doctors in American 2009-2010, 2011-2012
Office Information for Dr. James M. Schuster, MD, PhD
Penn Medicine University City
3737 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
- Most Insurance Plans Accepted
210 Willowbrook Lane
West Chester, PA 19382
Profile last updated: September 26, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.