The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. Jonathan J. Baskin, MD
Dr. Baskin is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists.
He offers a broad range of care for patients with spinal problems related to degenerative arthritic disease (spinal stenosis or herniated discs), disruption of normal spinal mechanical stability (traumatic and osteoporotic fracture injury), and tumors of the spinal cord and spinal column.
Dr. Baskin at a Glance
- Dr. Baskin has expertise in performing complex spine surgery, utilizing minimally invasive techniques of spinal decompression and fracture stabilization, and conducting image-guided neurosurgery for brain tumors and spinal stabilization.
- He is dedicated to optimizing his patients’ quality of life by using the least invasive means of care available.
Dr. Baskin is committed to your recovery.
Dr. Baskin is a member of Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Jonathan J. Baskin, MD Can Help You
- Spine Surgeon
- M.D., Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
- B.S.,Tufts University, Boston, MA
- Bone Spurs
- Brain Tumors
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Lumbar Radiculopathy
- Pinched Nerve
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy/Leg Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Spinal Fracture
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Brain Surgery
- Complex Spine Surgery
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Minimally Invasive Procedures
- Skull Base Surgery
- Spinal Stabilization
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Jonathan J. Baskin, MD
I saw Dr. Baskin for a second opinion. He really listened to me and took a lot of time explaining what was going on in my neck. I felt so at ease. I chose him to do my surgery. He's the best!— KG Maris
Dr. Baskin is the best doctor I have ever had. He’s always so caring, professional and intelligent. He works his hardest and succeeds. Thank you!— Vitals.com
Dr. Baskin is a great doctor. He explained all of my options in great detail. Whenever I had a question after surgery, I received a returned call immediately. I’ve recommended Dr. Baskin to my friends.— Vitals.com
I had an MRI that showed a significant herniation to one of my lower disks. This herniation "poked" on a nerve causing constant pain down my right leg. I saw Dr. Baskin who explained my options, and I decided to go ahead with surgery. Now a mere six days post-op, I have my sanity and life back because the pain is gone. Dr. Baskin is an extremely skilled surgeon … and a very nice person as well.— Vitals.com
I was very scared to see a neurosurgeon, but as soon as I met Dr. Baskin, that changed. He was so kind and thoughtful as I explained my symptoms. He really listened. I went ahead and had surgery, and he took wonderful care of me. I recommend Dr. Baskin to all of my friends.— Bel
A superb diagnostician and refined and articulate gentleman, Dr. Baskin is a doctor’s doctor. He has cared for me through thick and thin and always applies a calming and caring approach. His rare intelligence stands out and is complemented by his extraordinary bedside manner. Kudos to Dr. Baskin, and long may he treat those with any spine or other neurologic problem.— Patient Reviews
Accolades for Dr. Jonathan J. Baskin, MD
- Spine Surgery Fellowship, The Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix, AZ
- Published in numerous journals and textbooks
- Lecturer, Spinal Reconstructive Surgery, Neuroendoscopy, Hydrocephalus and Vascular Neurosurgery
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Fellow, American College of Surgery
- Board Certified, American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Jonathan J. Baskin, MD
Profile last updated: June 6, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.