Meet Dr. Pinakin R. Jethwa, MD
Dr. Jethwa is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists.
He specializes in stroke, brain aneurysms, and in the management of cerebrovascular diseases. He also has deep expertise in both complex and minimally invasive spine surgery.
Dr. Jethwa at a Glance
- Dr. Jethwa provides expert care for a wide range of spinal conditions, individually tailoring treatment plans to fit the patient.
- He is one of the few "dual-trained" vascular neurosurgeons in the country, able to treat disorders of the brain's blood vessels from both the inside or the outside.
Dr. Jethwa is committed to delivering outstanding care to you by using the most advanced medical technology.
Dr. Jethwa is a member of Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Pinakin R. Jethwa, MD Can Help You
- Brain Tumors
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Osteoporosis / Spinal Fracture
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sciatica / Radiculopathy / Leg Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- ALIF (Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion
- Cervical Corpectomy
- Cervical Laminectomy
- Cervical Laminoplasty
- Decompression Surgery
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Lower Back / Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Lumbar Disc Surgery / Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- PLIF (Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- Posterior Cervical Laminotomy
- Scoliosis Surgery
- TLIF (Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- Thoracic Laminectomy
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Pinakin R. Jethwa, MD
I had a severe blockage of my left carotid artery, which had caused a small stroke. I was scared and confused ... until I met Dr. Ronald Benitez and Dr. Pinakin Jethwa, neurosurgeons from Atlantic NeuroSurgical Specialists, and Physician Assistant Dean Barone. They explained I needed emergency surgery. They couldn’t believe I didn’t have a massive stroke. Being a nurse, I understood everything they were explaining … but I was still scared. I will never forget how they sat and talked with me until I was calm, drew pictures and gave me their cell phone numbers. That was going above and beyond.— Ann T.
I had a leaking aneurysm. Thankfully, Dr. Jethwa was able to coil it during a minimally invasive procedure. This was a frightening experience, but Dr. Jethwa and Physician Assistant Dean Barone took the fear out of it, not only for me and my husband, but for our four grown sons as well. They were compassionate, kind, and they kept us informed of every detail – what had been done and what the next steps were. I call them my miracle men. I don’t believe I would have survived without them.— Donna M.
It took a few weeks to recover completely from a large aneurysm located just behind my left eye. When I returned to work, my colleagues couldn’t believe anything had been wrong with me – let alone the fact that I had been through five hours of surgery. I feel great, and I owe that to Dr. Jethwa and Dean Barone, a physician assistant at ANS. They were all reassuring, kind, compassionate and patient. In fact, the last time I was in the office, I had a clean CT scan. I was so excited – and so grateful – that I hugged Dr. Jethwa. It was the only way I knew how to thank him!— Maureen M.
Accolades for Dr. Pinakin R. Jethwa, MD
- Fellowship Trained - Open Cerebrovascular and Endovascular Neurosurgery
- Published numerous neurosurgical topics from spine surgery and cost-effectiveness in neurosurgery to vascular diseases and brain tumors
- Invited Lecturer at National Conferences
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Society of NeuroInterventional Surgeons
- American Association of South Asian Neurosurgeons
- Board Eligible, American Board of Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Pinakin R. Jethwa, MD
Profile last updated: February 13, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.