Meet Dr. Raymond F. Sekula, MD
Dr. Sekula is a board-certified and fellowship-trained neurosurgeon with UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
He specializes in minimally invasive neurosurgery, with particular interest in spinal conditions such as tumors, lesions, and degenerative and traumatic spinal disorders.
Dr. Sekula at a Glance
- Dr. Sekula has been recognized with numerous honors, including a Young Investigator Award through the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and Pittsburgh Magazine’s “40 Under 40” Award.
- His focus is to provide patients with improved outcomes, reduced complications, and easier recoveries.
Discuss your spine pain with Dr. Sekula.
Dr. Sekula is a member of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Raymond F. Sekula, MD Can Help You
- Fellowship - Neuroscience Center at Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Residency - Allegheny General Hospital - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Medical School - Georgetown University, Washington DC
- Basilar Invagination
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Disc Herniations
- Metastatic Tumor
- Spinal Canal and Cerebellum Conditions
- Spinal Conditions
- Spinal Lesions
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Vascular Malformations
- CT-Guided Surgery
- Endoscopic Spinal Tumor Resection
- Endoscopic Sympathectomy
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Reconstruction
- Traditional Surgery
- Tumor Resection
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Raymond F. Sekula, MD
This was my 2nd MVD for hemifacial spasms, both with Dr. Sekula. I chose to return to him for the second surgery after a less than positive outcome because I had complete confidence that Dr. Sekula had done an excellent job the first time and would do everything humanly possible to help me this time as well. So far so good, over the past 5 days spasms have disappeared and I am cautiously optimistic that 2nd time was the charm for me.. His reputation as the best surgeon for this condition is well deserved.— UPMC Patient
Dr Sekula surpassed my expectations as a provider. I was very much a part of the decision process. I was calm and relaxed as I prepared for surgery— UPMC Patient
Dr Sekula, his staff, and the other providers and staff of UPMC treated me as an equal in my healthcare, with dignity and respect, informed me of my risks, procedures and benefits and left me with tremendous confidence in this decision.— UPMC Patient
Without a doubt Dr Sekula was my savior .I had been to so many places for my headaches and nothing had worked.Dr Sekula fitted me with a stimulator which totally worked and got rid of my headaches.He was great and took me through every step,and explained it all to me in words I could understand.I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone and the nurses were great.— UPMC Patient
Dr Sekula has helped me get my life back to a quality of life worth living and he's given me hope to go on when I didn't think I could. And I thank him for that. He is an awesome doctor.— UPMC Patient
The whole team that worked and will be working with me on the surgery that I am facing is wonderful and I have already talked positively of them to others!— UPMC Patient
Accolades for Dr. Raymond F. Sekula, MD
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Medical Advisory Board of TNA
- Facial Pain Association
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- Pennsylvania Neurosurgical Society
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Neurological Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Raymond F. Sekula, MD
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
647 N. Broad Street Extension
Grove City, PA 16127
Profile last updated: August 8, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.