The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD
Dr. Blumenthal is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with Texas Back Institute.
He is committed to improving the quality of life for each of his parents, offering treatments designed to restore functionality and preserve motion.
Dr. Blumenthal at a Glance
- Dr. Blumenthal was the first surgeon in the United States to devote his practice solely to the research and application of artificial disc replacement. Dr. Blumenthal is a leader in spinal arthroplasty, working with a large number of discs currently on the market and in trials.
- He serves as a spine consultant for the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks.
Talk to Dr. Blumenthal about how he can help you find relief.
Dr. Blumenthal is a member of Texas Back Institute.
I refuse to fuse. My goal is to get my patients back to life using the most advanced motion-preserving technologies available for artificial disc treatment.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Fellowship, Spinal Cord Injury Care System, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship, Physical Medicine and Rehabilation, Rehabilation Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Il
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, TX.
- Internship, General Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, TX.
- MD, Northwestern Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Dynamic Lumbar Stabilization
- Interspinous Process Spacers
- Lumbar Disc Surgery/Replacement
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD
Marney says that Dr. Blumenthal and the other skilled professionals finally made sense of the rumors and misinformation about back pain, gave him the true story, and made his surgical experience the "easiest” and most “well done” he’s seen. Texas Back Institute gave Marney the “dramatic change” that has allowed him to play with his children, take up golf again and travel.— M. E.- Degenerative Disc Disease
Dr.. Blumenthal gave me my life back! "I now live completely unrestricted with a very active lifestyle — 100% pain-free." David has no reservations in recommending Dr. Blumenthal, Texas Back Institute or the Charité disk. As he says, "I’m living proof that it works."— D. E. - Degenerative Disc Disease/ Charité Artificial Disk Replacement
My recovery went far better than I expected. I was amazed at how quickly I healed and was back to normal activities. I was walking around only three hours after my surgery and released from the hospital the next morning. I was relatively pain-free after the first couple days. I was previously not aware of the artificial disc studies and might have missed out on the opportunity. It can be scary to make the ultimate decision to have surgery, but if you are informed and have the right expectations, you will be amazed at the relief these options can give you. I’ve already recommended it to others... I used to feel like I was trapped in a body twice my age; now I feel like I’m 25! I tell everyone how amazing TBI is!— R.V. - Herniated Disc and Artificial Disc Replacement
It has greatly changed my life in just 13 months. For years I prayed to God to heal me because the pain was so intense, and now, I am thankful and grateful to Dr. Blumenthal and Texas Back Institute for their dedication to helping people with a debilitating condition.— M.A. - Herniated Disc treated with Lumbar Disc Replacement
[Dr. Scott Blumenthal and[ The Texas Back Institute was so thorough – they covered every aspect of how my accident did – and would – affect me... They were so caring and supportive. My recovery was amazingly easy, and there was absolutely no back pain. Living with chronic back pain is miserable, and up until recently, the options haven’t been good... Now, with the new technology, I would encourage people not to be afraid, and tell them it can truly get better. It was totally worth it.— R.Z. - Degenerative Disc Disease
I’m a 100% believer in TBI. The surgery [with Dr. Blumenthal] has done wonders for me – it was very much a life-changing event.— K.S. - Degenerative Disc Disease
The surgery was an absolute success! They solved my back problems.— J.R. - Degenerative Disc Disease/Artificial Disc Replacement
Accolades for Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD
- Completed fellowship, Spinal Surgery
- Graduated with distinction from Northwestern Medical School
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society
- Spine consultant for the Dallas Mavericks
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern
- Best Doctor award, D Magazine, Dallas, Texas
- Principal Investigator, SB III Charité Artificial Disc (first artificial disc in the country)
- Northwestern University, Honors program in Medical Education
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD
6020 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
Monday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Profile last updated: April 26, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.