Meet Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD
Dr. Blumenthal is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon with Texas Back Institute.
He is committed to improving the quality of life for each of his parents, offering treatments designed to restore functionality and preserve motion.
Dr. Blumenthal at a Glance
- Dr. Blumenthal was the first surgeon in the United States to devote his practice solely to the research and application of artificial disc replacement. Dr. Blumenthal is a leader in spinal arthroplasty, working with a large number of discs currently on the market and in trials.
- He serves as a spine consultant for the NBA’s Dallas Mavericks.
Talk to Dr. Blumenthal about how he can help you find relief.
Dr. Blumenthal is a member of Texas Back Institute.
I refuse to fuse. My goal is to get my patients back to life using the most advanced motion-preserving technologies available for artificial disc treatment.
How Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Fellowship, Spinal Cord Injury Care System, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship, Physical Medicine and Rehabilation, Rehabilation Institute of Chicago, Chicago, Il
- Residency, Orthopedic Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, TX.
- Internship, General Surgery, University of Texas Health Science Center, Dallas, TX.
- MD, Northwestern Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Cervical Disc Replacement
- Dynamic Lumbar Stabilization
- Interspinous Process Spacers
- Lumbar Disc Surgery/Replacement
What Patients are Saying About Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD
— M. E.- Degenerative Disc Disease
— D. E. - Degenerative Disc Disease/ Charité Artificial Disk Replacement
— R.V. - Herniated Disc and Artificial Disc Replacement
— M.A. - Herniated Disc treated with Lumbar Disc Replacement
— R.Z. - Degenerative Disc Disease
— K.S. - Degenerative Disc Disease
— J.R. - Degenerative Disc Disease/Artificial Disc Replacement
Accolades for Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD
- Completed fellowship, Spinal Surgery
- Graduated with distinction from Northwestern Medical School
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical Society
- Spine consultant for the Dallas Mavericks
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern
- Best Doctor award, D Magazine, Dallas, Texas
- Principal Investigator, SB III Charité Artificial Disc (first artificial disc in the country)
- Northwestern University, Honors program in Medical Education
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Office Information for Dr. Scott Blumenthal, MD
6020 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
Tuesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Wednesday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.