The following is a Sponsored Resource.
Meet Dr. Sean E. McCance, MD
Dr. McCance is a board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon in New York.
For over 15 years he has directed one of New York’s leading spine surgery practices, Spine Associates. He also serves as co-director of spine surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital and attending surgeon at Lenox Hill Hospital.
Dr. McCance at a Glance
- Dr. McCance has particular expertise in complex reconstructive spine surgery. He specializes in treating scoliosis and spondylolisthesis.
- He authored numerous articles and presented his research at both national and international meetings. He was listed as one of New York Magazine's "Best Doctors" (2012 to 2013).
Schedule a visit with Dr. McCance.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. Sean E. McCance, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Brain Tumors
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Sciatica/Radiculopathy/Leg Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Disc Surgery/Replacement
- Lower Back/Lumbar Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Neck/Cervical Spine Surgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
Accolades for Dr. Sean E. McCance, MD
- 2012-2013 "Best Doctor", New York Magazine
- 2010 New York "Super Doctors"
- 2008, 2009 "Patients Choice" Award
- 2005-2009 "Americas Top Physicians" for 2005
- 2003 "Best Doctors", Money Magazine
- 1996 Resident-Fellow Research Award, Eastern Orthopaedic Association
- 1986 Phi Beta Kappa
- Director, Spine Associates, New York, NY
- Co-Director of Spine Surgery, Mount Sinai Hospital
- Coordinator of Spine Education, Lenox Hill Hospital
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Fellowship in Spine and Scoliosis Surgery, Minnesota Spine Center
- North American Spine Society
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Scoliosis Research Society
- American Medical Association
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- American Board of Spine Surgery
Profile last updated: May 23, 2019. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.