Learn About UPMC Department of Neurosurgery
The UPMC Department of Neurosurgery is well-equipped to effectively treat a wide range of spinal setbacks. Their specialists take the time to understand each patient’s pain and use advanced technologies in order to deliver successful results.
Physicians at UPMC Department of Neurosurgery care for degenerative conditions, deformities, tumors, and traumatic injuries. They conduct both traditional and minimally invasive surgery, pain management services, and world-leading stereotactic radiosurgery.
UPMC Department of Neurosurgery at a Glance
The unique capabilities of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery set them apart:
- The team of neurosurgeons conduct cutting-edge spine research, publish frequently, and lecture at national and international conferences. Most serve on the faculty of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- UPMC is the largest academic neurosurgery provider in the U.S., performing 11,000 major spine and brain procedures each year.
- UPMC neurology and neurosurgery departments are both top-20 in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.
The spine experts at UMPC Department of Neurosurgery prioritize your full and speedy recovery.
Directions to our primary location in
Meet the Physicians of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery
How UPMC Department of Neurosurgery Can Help You
Type of Practice
- Spine Center
- UPMC again named to U.S. News & World Report's prestigious national Honor Roll for excellence in 15 specialty areas.
- Balance Disorders
- Basilar Invagination
- Brain Tumors
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Osteoporosis / Spinal Fracture
- Pinched Nerve
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Tumors
- Vascular Malformations
- ALIF (Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion)
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy & Fusion
- CT-Guided Surgery
- Dorsal Root Entry Zone (DREZ)
- Dynamic Lumbar Stabilization
- Endoscopic Sympathectomy
- Injections / Blocks
- Kyphoplasty / Vertebroplasty
- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- Microdiscectomy / Microdecompression
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Pain Management
- Pain Pumps
- Radiofrequency Procedures
- Reconstructive / Revision Spine Surgery
- Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Spinal Fusion
- Spine Oncology
- Spine Surgery
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Tumor Resection
Highlights from UPMC Department of Neurosurgery
UPMC is proud to be the only hospital in western Pennsylvania to be named to U.S. News & World Report's prestigious national Honor Roll for excellence in 15 specialty areas, including neurology and neurosurgery. We're also proud of being named #1 in Pittsburgh.
Office Information for UPMC Department of Neurosurgery
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Profile last updated: August 8, 2018. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.