Learn About UPMC Department of Neurosurgery
The UPMC Department of Neurosurgery is well-equipped to effectively treat a wide range of spinal setbacks. Their specialists take the time to understand each patient’s pain and use advanced technologies in order to deliver successful results.
Physicians at UPMC Department of Neurosurgery care for degenerative conditions, deformities, tumors, and traumatic injuries. They conduct both traditional and minimally invasive surgery, pain management services, and world-leading stereotactic radiosurgery.
UPMC Department of Neurosurgery at a Glance
The unique capabilities of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery set them apart:
- The 16 spine neurosurgeons conduct cutting-edge research, publish frequently, and lecture at national and international conferences. Most are also on the faculty of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine.
- UPMC is the largest academic neurosurgery provider in the U.S., performing 11,000 major spine and brain procedures each year.
- UPMC neurology and neurosurgery departments are both top-20 in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report.
The spine specialists at UMPC Department of Neurosurgery prioritize your full and speedy recovery.
Directions to our primary location in
Meet the Physicians of UPMC Department of Neurosurgery
How UPMC Department of Neurosurgery Can Help You
Type of Practice
- Spine Center
- UPMC again named to U.S. News & World Report's prestigious national Honor Roll for excellence in 15 specialty areas.
- Adult Scoliosis
- Basilar Invagination
- Degenerative Conditions
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Disc Herniations
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Metastatic Tumors
- Nerve Compression
- Nerve Entrapment
- Spinal Canal and Cerebellum Conditions
- Spinal Compression Fractures
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Spinal Deformities
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Trauma
- Spinal Tumors
- Traumatic Injuries
- Vascular Malformations
- Axial Lumbar Interbody Fusion (AxiaLIF®)
- CT-Guided Surgery
- Cervical Discectomy
- Cervical Dorsal Root Rhizotomy
- Dorsal Root Entry Zone (DREZ)
- Dynamic lumbar stabilization
- Endoscopic Spinal Tumor Resection
- Endoscopic Sympathectomy
- Extreme Lateral Interbody Fusion (XLIF)
- Hydrocephalus Shunts
- Intrathecal Pain (Pump) Therapy
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Pain Management
- Selective Nerve Root Injection
- Spinal Cord Stimuation
- Spinal Fusion
- Spinal Reconstruction
- Spine Oncology
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Traditional Surgery
- Tumor Resection
Highlights from UPMC Department of Neurosurgery
UPMC is proud to be the only hospital in western Pennsylvania to be named to U.S. News & World Report's prestigious national Honor Roll for excellence in 15 specialty areas, including neurology and neurosurgery. We're also proud of being named #1 in Pittsburgh.
Office Information for UPMC Department of Neurosurgery
200 Lothrop Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Profile last updated: September 19, 2017. This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.