Meet Dr. Paul M. Huddleston, III, MD
Paul M. Huddleston, M.D. is a board-certified and fellowship-trained Orthopedic Spine Surgeon with the Mayo Clinic Spine Center.
He has academic appointments as Associate Professor in the Departments of Orthopedic and Neurosurgery with a clinical focus on spine reconstruction, military trauma and musculoskeletal infections. He currently the immediate past Division Chair of Spine Surgery at Mayo Clinic.
Dr. Huddleston at a Glance
- Dr. Huddleston currently sees more than 2,500 outpatients and performs over 250 surgical cases a year while maintaining a busy research practice.
- He has published extensively in the peer reviewed literature on the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal infection; especially in the spine.
- He has achieved the rank of Colonel and served as a surgeon in the Army Reserves for 25 years while deployed overseas in a combat zone many times caring for injured military and civilian personnel in South West Asia.
- He has public policy and health interests in high value health care and working to create more patient centric public reporting of health care outcomes.
- He continues to work with research and clinical partners to collaborate on developing novel ways to understand, prevent and treat musculoskeletal infections.
Dr. Huddleston will work with you to determine the most appropriate path to help you with your current condition.
Dr. Huddleston is a member of Mayo Clinic Spine Center
I enjoy working as a part of a multidisciplinary collaboration to try to meet our patient's expectation of a diagnosis and treatment options for their condition. Although not all conditions are amenable to a procedural or surgical intervention, I would hope that everyone can tell their story.
How Dr. Paul M. Huddleston, III, MD Can Help You
- Spine Surgeon
- Orthopedic Surgeon
Years in Practice
- 17 Years
- Clinical Fellowship, Orthopedic Spine Surgery, Twin Cities Spine Center
- Master of Science, Epidemiology and Health Sciences Research Musculoskeletal Infections, Mayo Clinic
- Special Fellowship, Epidemiology and Health Services Evaluation, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine
- Medical Doctor, Mayo Medical School, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Arm Pain
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Complex Spinal Disorders
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Failed Back Surgery Syndrome
- Foot Drop
- Herniated Disc/Bulging Disc
- Hip Pain
- Scoliosis and Deformity
- Spinal Infections
- Spinal Trauma
- Anterior Cervical Corpectomy
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion (ACDF)
- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion (ALIF)
- Anterior/Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Disc Arthoplasty
- Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy
- Reconstructive/Revision Spine Surgery
- Scoliosis Surgery
- Spinal Fusion
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion (TLIF)
Accolades for Dr. Paul M. Huddleston, III, MD
- Member, Zumbro Valley Medical Society, Minnesota Medical Association
- Member, Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- Representative, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, American Orthopaedic Association
- Member, ,American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Scoliosis Research Society
- Member, Minnesota Medical Association
- Past President, Minnesota Orthopaedic Society
- Past Delegate, Board of Councilors American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- INFORMS 2015 Innovative Applications in Analytics Award
- The Army Commendation Medal Department of the Army
- The Meritorious Service Medal, Department of the Army
- The Army Reserve Components Overseas Training Ribbon Department of the Army
- The Iraq Campaign Medal, Department of the Army
- The Afghanistan Campaign Medal The Department of Defense
- The NATO Service Medal North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)
- The Meritorious Unit Commendation Department of the Army
Office Information for Dr. Paul M. Huddleston, III, MD
Mayo Clinic - Rochester, MN
200 First St SW
Mayo Building W15
Rochester, MN 55905
Tuesday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Wednesday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Thursday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
Friday: 8:00 – 5:00 CT
View Dr. Huddleston's on the Mayo Clinic Spine Center website
Like Mayo Clinic Spine Center on Facebook
Follow Mayo Clinic Spine Center on Twitter
- Mayo Clinic - Red Wing, MN 1470 W Fourth St Red Wing, MN 55066 Driving Directions
Profile last updated . This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.