Articles Related to this Video:
Here are 3 easy neck exercises to relieve neck pain.
Prone Cobra Stretch
- Lie face down on the floor with a towel under the forehead.
- Pinch the shoulder blades together to bring hands off the floor.
- Gently lift the forehead an inch off the towel, keeping the head facing down.
- Hold for 10 seconds. Aim to repeat 5 to 10 times.
- Stand with both feet shoulder width apart and the upper spine against a wall or door jamb.
- Face forward and let the back of your head touch the wall, tucking your chin in.
- Hold for 5 seconds. Repeat 10 times.
- Stand with your back against the wall, heels 4 inches from the wall.
- Pull the head straight back so that the head touches the wall without the chin pointing up.
- Keeping your arms in constant contact with the wall, bring both hands over head and then back down.
- Keep the abdominal muscles toward the spine to flatten the lower back against the wall throughout the entire arm movement.
- Repeat 10 times.