- Share on Facebook
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Twitter
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Email this article
Andrew Block, PhD, ABPP
Texas Back Institute
6020 West Parker Road
Plano, TX 75093
Dr. Andrew Block is a clinical health psychologist at the Texas Back Institute, where he has specialized in providing psychological services to patients with chronic pain over a 30-year career.
Dr. Block has given dozens of presentations and lectures at medical society meetings and conferences and has written numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and chapters for textbooks. He is the author of several books, including including Pre-surgical Psychological Screening: Understanding Patients, Improving Outcomes.
He has served as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and an Associate Clinical Professor at the University of Texas at Dallas.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Executive Council Member, Academy of Clinical Health Psychology
- Fellow, American Psychological Association
- Board Member, Academy of Clinical Health Psychologists
- Summer Faculty Fellow, Indiana University
- American Board of Professional Psychology
- BA – Psychology, Haverford College
- PhD – Applied-Experimental Psychology, Dartmouth College
- Clinical Internship – Behavioral Medicine Unit, Dartmouth Medical School
- Fellowship – Neurobehavioral Science, Duke University Medical Center
- Fellowship – Biobehavioral Sciences, National Institute of Health
Articles Written by this Author
- 11 Chronic Pain Control Techniques
- Chronic Pain Coping Techniques - Pain Management
- Educating Back Surgery Candidates About Chronic Pain Management
- Interdisciplinary Chronic Pain Management vs. Back Surgery: Which is Right for You?
- Psychological Techniques, Sleep Environment, and Better Sleep
- Sleep Aids for People with Chronic Pain
- Using Medication to Manage Pain and Reduce Sleep Problems
Videos featuring this Author
Author profile last updated