Dr. Andrew Block is a clinical health psychologist at the Texas Back Institute, where he has specialized in providing psychological services to patients with chronic pain over a 30-year career.
Dr. Block has given dozens of presentations and lectures at medical society meetings and conferences and has written numerous peer-reviewed journal articles and chapters for textbooks. He is the author of several books, including including Pre-surgical Psychological Screening: Understanding Patients, Improving Outcomes.
He has served as an Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical School and an Associate Clinical Professor at the University of Texas at Dallas.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Executive Council Member, Academy of Clinical Health Psychology
- Fellow, American Psychological Association
- Board Member, Academy of Clinical Health Psychologists
- Summer Faculty Fellow, Indiana University
- American Board of Professional Psychology
- BA – Psychology, Haverford College
- PhD – Applied-Experimental Psychology, Dartmouth College
- Clinical Internship – Behavioral Medicine Unit, Dartmouth Medical School
- Fellowship – Neurobehavioral Science, Duke University Medical Center
- Fellowship – Biobehavioral Sciences, National Institute of Health