Dr. Brian Altman is a physiatrist specializing in spine and sports medicine at Lutheran Spine Center at Denver West. Dr. Altman is specially trained to diagnose and treat bone, muscle, and nerve pain using therapeutic, non-surgical methods.
He previously served as a Clinical Assistant Instructor at the State University of New York Downstate Medical Center and as Assistant Team Physician for Maritime College. He also has volunteered for programs treating fitness-related injuries and internationally for human rights clinics.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Member, Spine Intervention Society
- Member, American College of Sports Medicine
- Past Member, New York Society of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- BA – Human Biology, University of Kansas
- MD – Sackler School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Internship – Internal Medicine, University of Missouri - Kansas City
- Residency – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, State University of New York Downstate Medical Center
- Fellowship – Spine and Sports Physiatry, Spine West, Boulder, CO