Dr. Craig Callewart is an orthopedic surgeon and founder of a private practice in Dallas, TX. He specializes in traumatic spine injuries and chronic pain and has been a practicing spine surgeon for more than 25 years.
Committed to the advancement of orthopedic spine research, Dr. Callewart has contributed chapters to medical textbooks, and his research has been published in Spine and the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery.
Dr. Callewart has delivered presentations at meetings for the Southern Pain Society and the North American Spine Society, and he has served on committees for the Scoliosis Research Society, Dallas County Medical Society, and the Texas Orthopaedic Association.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Scoliosis Research Society
- Member, Texas Medical Association
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Texas A&M University
- MD – University of Texas Southwestern Medical School
- Internship – General Surgery, St. Luke’s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, St. Luke’s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University
- Fellowship – Orthopaedic Spine Surgery, UCLA School of Medicine