Eric Elowitz, MD, is a board-certified neurosurgeon specializing in minimally invasive spinal surgery at Weill Cornell Brain and Spine Center, New York, N.Y., where he is an associate professor of neurological surgery and spinal surgery. Dr. Elowitz is also the associate attending neurological surgeon at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Elowitz is committed to providing state-of-the-art care to his patients using the most advanced minimal-access techniques available. He works with his patients to develop a personalized treatment plan and takes a conservative approach to spinal problems, trying to avoid surgery when possible.
When surgery is necessary, his goal is to get patients back to their activities as quickly as possible, without a prolonged recovery period. Dr. Elowitz’s aim is always to assure state-of-the-art care with individual attention to each patient's unique needs.
- Neurosurgical training at the State University of New York Health Science Center in Brooklyn.
- MD from the State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn, 1986.
- Weill Cornell Neurosurgery Resident Teaching Award
- AANS/CNS Young Investigator Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Summa Cum Laude, SUNY Downstate
- Castle Connolly Top Doctors
- Top Doctors in New York