- Share on Facebook
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Twitter
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Email this article
J. Rafe Sales, MD
Dr. J. Rafe Sales is an orthopedic surgeon specializing in spine surgery and reconstruction at Providence Brain and Spine Institute.
He is the Co-Medical Director of Spine Surgery Services at Providence Health Systems. He is also the Founder and Director of the Summit Spine Institute, where he has more than a decade of experience caring for patients.
Dr. Sales has taught courses and given numerous presentations at annual meetings for medical societies, and several of his articles have been published in peer-reviewed medical journals.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Western Orthopaedic Association
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Biology, Willamette University
- MD – Albany Medical College
- Residency – Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery and Spine Surgery, Shriners Hospital For Children, Portland, OR
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery and Rehabilitation, Oregon Health and Science University
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, San Francisco Spine Institute
Author profile last updated