Dr. Jack Zigler is an orthopedic surgeon at the Texas Back Institute and Co-Director of its Spine Fellowship Program. He has more than 30 years of experience performing spine surgery.
Dr. Zigler has published numerous articles in peer-reviewed medical journals such as Spine, International Journal of Spine Surgery, and the Journal of Neurosurgery: Spine. He has contributed dozens of chapters to medical textbooks and given hundreds of presentations at medical society meetings and conferences.
He serves as the Co-Director of the Center for Disc Replacement at the Texas Back Institute and teaches around the work on surgical techniques for artificial disc replacement surgery.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- President, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Board of Directors, Cervical Spine Research Society
- Past President, American Spinal Injury Association
- BS – Cornell University
- MD – SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY
- Residency – Orthopedic Surgery, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY
- Residency – General Surgery, Long Island Jewish - Hillside Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY
- Fellowship – Orthopaedic Surgery, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine