Dr. Jeffrey Spivak is an orthopedic surgeon and the Director of the Hospital for Joint Diseases Spine Center. He has been a practicing spine surgeon for more than 25 years and specializes in degenerative diseases, deformities, and trauma of the spine.
Dr. Spivak has co-edited two academic textbooks on orthopedics and contributed chapters to dozens of books. He has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, the International Journal of Spine Surgery, and Spine. He has also served as an Editorial Board Member at The Spine Journal and Consultant Reviewer for the Journal of the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery
- Member, Scoliosis Research Society
- Member, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Medical Society of the State of New York
- Member, New York County Medical Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BS – Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MS – Neural and Endocrine Regulation, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MD – Cornell University Medical College
- Internship – General Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York, NY
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, Hospital for Joint Diseases Orthopaedic Institute, New York, NY
- Fellowship – Spine Surgery, Thomas Jefferson Medical College, The Pennsylvania Hospital