Dr. Michael Virk is a fellowship-trained neurosurgeon at Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care specializing in minimally invasive and complex spine surgery for deformity, tumor, trauma, spinal cord injury, and degenerative disease. He also employs fundamental, open surgical strategies in patients who will benefit most from these.
Dr. Virk, who is also an assistant professor of neurological surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College, has published research in many peer-reviewed journals.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Association of South Asian Neurosurgeons
- MD – Oregon Health Sciences University, College of Medicine
- PhD – Oregon Health Sciences University, College of Medicine
- Residency – Neurological Surgery, New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell
- Fellowship – Minimally Invasive and Complex Spine Surgery, University of California at San Francisco
Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care
240 East 59th Street
New York, NY 10022