- Share on Facebook
- Share on Pinterest
- Share on Twitter
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Email this article
Michael Virk, MD, PhD
Dr. Michael Virk is a fellowship-trained neurosurgeon at Weill Cornell Medicine Center for Comprehensive Spine Care specializing in minimally invasive and complex spine surgery for deformity, tumor, trauma, spinal cord injury, and degenerative disease. He also employs fundamental, open surgical strategies in patients who will benefit most from these.
Dr. Virk, who is also an assistant professor of neurological surgery at Weill Cornell Medical College, has published research in many peer-reviewed journals.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Association of South Asian Neurosurgeons
- MD – Oregon Health Sciences University, College of Medicine
- PhD – Oregon Health Sciences University, College of Medicine
- Residency – Neurological Surgery, New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell
- Fellowship – Minimally Invasive and Complex Spine Surgery, University of California at San Francisco
Author profile last updated