Dr. Ralph Gay is a physiatrist at the Mayo Clinic. With more than 20 years of clinical experience, he specializes in rehabilitation therapy and non-surgical spine care.
Dr. Gay is involved in research and focuses on lower back pain causes and treatments. He has served as the Interim Director of the Mayo Clinic Rehabilitation Medicine Research Center, and his work has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as Pain Medicine, The Spine Journal, and the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Diplomat, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Fellow, Association of Academic Physiatrists
- Member, Past Chairperson, PM&R Research Committee, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- BS – Logan University
- DC – Logan College of Chiropractic
- MD – University of Colorado School of Medicine
- Internship – Gundersen Clinic/Lutheran Hospital
- Residency – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic
- MS – Clinical Research, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine