Dr. Steven Stanos specializes in pain medicine and serves as the Medical Director of Swedish Health System Pain Medicine and Services in Seattle, WA.
He previously worked as Medical Director of the Center for Pain Management at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago and as an Assistant Professor at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine.
Dr. Stanos serves on the editorial board of the journal Pain Medicine and has published numerous articles and book chapters on chronic pain management. He was an invited lecturer to the American Academy of Pain Medicine’s conference session on opioid and non-opioid medications management, and an invited consultant to the Center for Disease Control’s Guideline for Prescribing Opioids for Chronic Pain.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Past President, American Academy of Pain Medicine
- Board of Directors, American Board of Pain Medicine
- Opiod Task Force, American Medical Association
- American Board of Pain Medicine
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- BA – Psychology, University of Cincinnati
- DO – Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Internship – Department of Medicine, Chicago Osteopathic Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Residency – Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
- Fellowship – Pain Medicine, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine
Swedish Pain Services - First Hill
600 Broadway, Suite 530
Seattle, WA, 98122