Dr. Susan Blum is board-certified in preventive medicine and founder and director of Blum Center for Health in Rye Brook, New York. Her practice focuses on the prevention and treatment of chronic diseases.
In addition to her private practice, Dr. Blum is an Integrative Medicine Specialist at Greenwich Hospital in Connecticut. She is also an Assistant Clinical Professor in the Department of Preventive Medicine at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York City, and a senior teaching faculty member at the Center for Mind-Body Medicine in Washington, D.C.
Dr. Blum uses functional medicine in her everyday practice. Functional medicine focuses on identifying and treating the underlying cause of disease while giving consideration to many factors, including the gastrointestinal system, hormones, the immune system, diet and lifestyle. Treatments and prevention strategies typically integrate diet and stress reduction as well as herbal and traditional medicine.
Dr. Blum serves on the Medical Advisory Board for The Dr. Oz Show and is the author of The Immune System Recovery Plan: A Doctor's 4-Step Program to Treat Autoimmune Disease and Healing Arthritis: Your 3-Step Guide to Conquering Arthritis Naturally.
- MD–State University of New York Health Science Center at Brooklyn
- Residency–Preventive Medicine at The Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York City
- Internship–Internal Medicine, St-Luke’s Roosevelt Hospital
- MPH–in Public Health at Columbia University
- Certified in Functional Medicine by the Institute for Functional Medicine, in Gig Harbor, Washington
Areas of Specialization
- Functional Medicine
- Integrative Medicine
- Chronic Disease
- Autoimmune disease
Blum Center for Health
34 Rye Ridge Plaza
Rye Brook, NY 10573