Dr. Vijay Vad is a sports medicine specialist at the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, where he specializes in back pain, knee arthritis, frozen shoulder, and general sports medicine. He previously served as a physician for the professional men’s tennis circuit and on the Westchester Classic of the PGA Tour.
Dr. Vad is also a medical inventor and active in research. He has co-authored numerous articles published in medical journals, such as Spine, Pain Physician, and the American Journal of Sports Medicine. He has written several books, including Stop Pain: Inflammation Relief for an Active Life and Back RX: A 15-Minute-a-Day Yoga and Pilates-Based Program to End Low Back Pain.
In addition, Dr. Vad founded the Vad Foundation, which aims to educate disadvantaged girls globally and to conduct medical research for back pain and arthritis.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Member, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Subspecialty Certification, Sports Medicine
- MD – University of Oklahoma College of Medicine
- Fellowship – Sports Medicine, Hospital for Special Surgery