Scissor Hamstring Stretch
- Stand with your left foot in front of your right, about 3 feet apart.
- Face your hips and shoulders forward.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Bend forward at the waist, folding your torso forward over your front leg.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds, then perform this stretch with the right leg.
- Lie on your back.
- Gently pull your knees to your chest with both hands, until a comfortable stretch is felt in the middle and lower back.
- Slowly bring your head forward for a more advanced stretch.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds and return to the starting position.
Sciatic Nerve Glide
- Sit upright on a chair and straighten your right knee while keeping your left foot flat on the floor.
- Slowly bend your right ankle so that your toes are pointing toward you.
- Continue to bend your ankle back and forth, pointing your toes away from you and then toward you.
- Pump your ankle up and down 15 to 20 times. Repeat the exercise with your left leg.