- Lie on the back with a resistance band just above the knees, then bend the knees slightly.
- Keeping the back slightly arched, gently push the knees apart to strengthen the outer thigh and buttock.
- Hold for 5 seconds, and repeat this exercise 10 times.
- Lie down on the back with both knees bent and place a medium rubber exercise ball between the knees.
- Keeping the back slightly arched, squeeze the ball with both knees for 5 seconds.
- Repeat 10 times.
- Lie on the back with the knees bent and the palms flat on the floor.
- Keeping the palms on the floor, lift the hips into the air and hold for 5 seconds.
- Repeat this stretch between 8 and 10 times.
- With the feet a little more than shoulder-width apart, point the right foot outward.
- Extend both arms straight to the sides.
- Bend to the side so the right hand touches the right shin, and the left arm is over the head.
- Hold this stretch for 10 to 20 seconds.
- Repeat on the left side.
Bird Dog Pose
- Start on the hands and knees, keeping shoulders square and the face toward the floor.
- Lift one leg and the opposite arm straight into the air and hold for 5 seconds.
- Keep the back and pelvis level.
- Repeat this stretch between 3 and 5 times on each side.