In This Article:
- Exercise for Back Pain During Pregnancy
- Strengthening Exercises for Back Pain During Pregnancy
- Stretching Exercises for Back Pain During Pregnancy
- Video: 3 Easy Exercises for Back Pain in Pregnancy
- 4 Easy Stretches to Relieve Pregnancy Back Pain Video
Here are 3 easy exercises for back pain in pregnancy.
- Lie on the back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Flatten the lower part of the spine against the floor so there's no space between your back and the floor.
- The buttocks should be relaxed in order to isolate your abdominals.
- Hold position for 3 to 10 seconds and repeat 10 to 30 times.
Arm and Leg Raises
- Start on your hands and knees with a straight spine.
- Lift your right arm and left leg to form a straight line with your spine.
- Hold position 3 to 10 seconds and then repeat for the opposite arm and leg. Repeat 10 to 30 times.
- Stand with your head, shoulders, and back against a wall and feet about 1-2 feet away from the wall.
- Press your lower back into the wall and squat as if you were going to sit down. Aim to make a 90° angle with your knees.
- Slowly rise up, keeping your back and buttocks in contact with the wall.
- Repeat 10 to 30 times.