- Start on hands and knees, legs wide apart, and hands a little in front of your head.
- Sit back on your knees and stretch your arms forward on the floor to feel a stretch along the spine.
If needed, put a small, flat pillow under your abdomen for support.
- While standing, gently raise one leg and rest the foot on the seat of a chair in front of you.
- Keep your back straight and lean forward from your hips to feel a stretch in the back of the thigh.
Hold this position for a few seconds and repeat with the other leg. If you can’t stand or if your knee bends, try using a lower step.
- Stand with your head upright and back straight.
- Clasp both your hands behind your back and without leaning your shoulders forward, gently stretch your arms up and back.
- A stretch will be felt in the front of your shoulders and arms.
Hold this position for a few seconds and return to the starting position. Repeat 5 to 10 times.
- While sitting or standing, turn your head to one side and pull the chin down toward the collarbone.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds to 60 seconds and return to the starting position.
Repeat on the other side. Perform this stretch 5 to 10 times on each side.
In This Article:
- Exercise for Back Pain During Pregnancy
- Strengthening Exercises for Back Pain During Pregnancy
- Stretching Exercises for Back Pain During Pregnancy
- Video: 3 Easy Exercises for Back Pain in Pregnancy
- 4 Easy Stretches to Relieve Pregnancy Back Pain Video