In This Article:
- Exercise for Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief
- Stretches for Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief
- Strengthening Exercises for Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief
- Aerobic Exercise for SI Joint Dysfunction
- Video: 7 Best Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief Stretches
- Video: 5 Best Sacroiliac Joint Pain Exercises
- Slideshow: 7 Best Sacroiliac Joint Pain Relief Stretches
- Slideshow: Best Sacroiliac Joint Pain Exercises
- Slideshow: Sacroiliac Joint Exercises for Sciatic Pain Relief
- Sitting on the edge of a chair, straighten one leg with the heel on the floor and toes pointed to the ceiling.
- Lean forward until a light stretch is felt in the back of the thigh.
- Hold this position for 30 seconds. Repeat on the other leg.
- Stand straight with one arm on the wall.
- Pull one leg up behind the body, bent at the knee.
- Grab the foot or ankle with your free hand.
- Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds. Repeat twice on each side.
Hip Adductor Stretch
- Sit on the floor with both legs straight.
- Spread legs apart.
- Gently lean forward at the hips toward the toes.
- Hold this position for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Lying on the stomach, raise the upper body to the elbows.
- Hold this position for 15 to 30 seconds and gently lower back.
- Repeat 5 to 10 times.
- For advanced press-up, raise the upper body until the elbows straighten.
Single Knee to Chest
- Lying on the back, pull one knee up toward the chest. Keep the other leg straight on the ground. Cross the fingers behind the thigh and gently pull the knee toward the chest.
- Hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Repeat this stretch on both sides 5 to 10 times.
Lower Trunk Rotation
- Lie on the back with both knees slightly bent, keeping shoulders flat on ground.
- Gently move both knees to one side.
- Hold this position for 5 to 10 seconds and repeat on the other side.
Pelvic Rotation Stretch
- Lie on the back with both legs straight.
- Raise one knee so the calf is parallel to the floor.
- Turn your foot slightly away from the body.
- Gently push outside of the knee and hold for 5 seconds.
- If able, gently hold the inside of the knee while turning foot outward. Hold this position for 5 seconds.
- Repeat this stretch 3 times on both legs.