Learn how to make a gel ice pack.
You will need water, rubbing alcohol, blue food coloring, and freezer bags.
- Combine 3 parts of water with 1 part of rubbing alcohol and a few drops of blue color in a freezer bag.
- Close the bag and shake well to combine.
- Open the bag and squeeze out all the air, then close the bag again.
- Place the bag into another freezer bag, lay flat, and close the outer bag.
- Place the bag flat in the freezer and let the liquid freeze.
Once frozen, apply this gel ice pack on the inflamed area.
Cold therapy can help reduce the pain and inflammation experienced during neck and back strain. This video illustrates how to make a gel ice pack at home with common household items.