In This Article:
Cold therapy can help reduce the pain and inflammation experienced during neck and back strain. This video illustrates how to make a gel ice pack at home with common household items.
Learn how to make a gel ice pack.
You will need water, rubbing alcohol, blue food coloring, and freezer bags.
- Combine 3 parts of water with 1 part of rubbing alcohol and a few drops of blue color in a freezer bag.
- Close the bag and shake well to combine.
- Open the bag and squeeze out all the air, then close the bag again.
- Place the bag into another freezer bag, lay flat, and close the outer bag.
- Place the bag flat in the freezer and let the liquid freeze.
Once frozen, apply this gel ice pack on the inflamed area.