In This Article:
Heat increases blood flow to strained back and neck muscles, being absorbed through the skin faster than dry heat. This video illustrates how to make a homemade heat pack with items found around the house.
How to make a homemade heat pack with items found around the house.
You will need a sock, dry rice or oatmeal, and thread.
- Fill the sock with rice or oatmeal using a funnel.
- Loop the thread around the sock opening and tie it tightly.
- Turn the sock upside down to make sure it is secure.
- Alternatively, you can also sew the open end of the sock using a needle and thread.
- Place the rice-filled sock in a bowl and heat it for 1 to 3 minutes in a microwave.
- Apply this heat pack to the area of pain.