Dr. Thomas Wascher, MD, Appleton, WI, 54913
Dr. Tom Wascher is a board-certified neurosurgeon with over 23 years of experience doing complex cervical spine surgeries. He has performed over 1,800 cervical fusions and has earned recognition for his expertise in the field. He is also a published author with numerous academic and social service awards to his credit.
Dr. Wascher’s surgical record speaks for itself. Throughout his career, he has carefully documented the results of every cervical surgery he has performed, including any complications. Unlike most surgeons, he is willing to share this information with you. His complication rate of less than 1% is one of the lowest in the country. When you consider the average complication rate of nearly 20% for anterior cervical surgeries, you can have confidence in Dr. Wascher’s surgical skill and his attention to detail. He understands the complexities of cervical spine surgery and has mastered the techniques.
A good surgeon has your best interests in mind and understands that you may have questions or concerns. Dr. Wascher takes the time to educate his patients and their families, even encouraging them to seek a second opinion. Because he wants you to feel comfortable about your surgery, he wants to be certain all your questions are answered before you enter his operating room.
Dr. Thomas Wascher is a Neurosurgeon with the Wascher Cervical Spine Institute, as well as NeuroSpine Center of Wisconsin. The NeuroSpine Center of Wisconsin specializes in the integrated approach to spine and brain problems, utilizing the combined skills of experts in neurosurgery, orthopedic spine surgery, rehabilitation, chiropractic, physical therapy, radiology, anesthesia, and pain control specialists - all at one facility.
Type of Spine Care Professional
Areas of Expertise
- Arnold-Chiari Malformations
- Back Pain
- Brain And Spinal Cord Tumors, Metastatic And Primary
- Cerebral Aneurysm And AVMS
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Chiari Malformation
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Neck Pain
- Peripheral Nerve Disorders
- Sciatica / Radiculopathy
- Skull Base Tumors, Including Pituitary Tumors
- Spinal Stenosis
- Cervical And Lumbar Fusion (primary And Revision)
- Microdiscectomy / Microdecompression
- Skull Base Surgery, Including Hypophysectomy
- Spinal Fusion
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Stereotatic Craniotomy For Tumor, Including Intraoperative MRI
- Stereotatic Radiosurgery
- Graduated # 1 in his class in high school, college, and medical school
- Board Certified - 1997
- Elected to America's Top Surgeons, 2007
- Fellowship trained: cranial base and microvascular neurosurgery, Barrow Neurologic Institute
- Elected to Best Doctors in America, 2000
- Author of over 50 scientific articles, book chapters, etc.
- Co-founder of the Fox Valley Brain Tumor Coalition and Brain Tumor Support Group
- Performed over 1,500 successful cervical fusions, and over 500 brain tumor procedures
- Wisconsin Neurological Society
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons, Spine Section of AANS-CNS
- North American Skull Base Society
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Tumor Section of AANS-CNS
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons, 1998