Dr. Gary S. Schneiderman, MD, Sacramento, CA, 95816
2800 L Street - Suite 500
Sacramento, CA 95816
Dr. Gary S. Schneiderman is the medical director of spine surgery at Sutter Medical Group. He recently joined Sutter Medical Group after spending more than 20 years in private practice. He specializes in evaluation and surgical care of the spine.
Dr. Schneiderman earned his medical degree from Loyola University School of Medicine in Maywood, IL. He completed an orthopedic surgery residency at USC, during which he received the Lowman Award for Outstanding Resident Research. He later pursued a Spine Fellowship at Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic in Los Angeles. He was certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery in 1984.
Dr. Schneiderman currently lectures throughout the United States and Europe. He also teaches and directs courses for other spinal physicians regarding minimally invasive spinal surgery. His current research activities are centered on artificial disc replacement in the cervical and lumbar spine.
The Sutter Medical Group, affiliated with Sutter Medical Foundation, is a multi-specialty medical group specializing in the diagnosis and management of both medical and surgical conditions of the brain, spine, and spinal cord. The Sutter Medical Group provides care to pediatric and adult patients through a multidisciplinary approach, with teams of nationally recognized specialists, highly trained clinical staff and our cohesive team of case managers and social workers. An active clinical and basic science research program, along with community and physician education outreach activities and the state-of-the-art technology available at Sutter Medical Center, Sacramento, help to offer innovative solutions to today’s complex neuroscience problems and ensure that patients with central nervous system and spinal disorders receive the best care available throughout Northern California.
Type of Spine Care Professional
- Orthopedic Surgeon
Areas of Expertise
- Back Pain
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Chronic Pain
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Lower Back Pain
- Upper Back Pain
- Artificial Disc Replacement - Cervical
- Artificial Disc Replacement - Lumbar
- Back Surgery
- Cervical Spine Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Reconstructive / Revision Spine Surgery
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, 1984
- Lowman Award for Outstanding Resident Research, University of Southern California, CA
- Spine Fellowship, Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic Clinic, Los Angeles, CA
- Outstanding Clinical Faculty Award, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA
- American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Scoliosis Research Society
- California Orthopedic Association
- Spine Arthoplasty Society
- Faculty member, University of California, Davis School of Medicine, 1987-1998