Dr. Jeffrey Goldstein is Chief of the NYU Langone Medical Center Spine Service and Director of the Spine Fellowship. He is an attending surgeon at the NYU Langone Medical Center Hospital for Joint Diseases. Dr. Goldstein is also Clinical Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the NYU School of Medicine. He is board-certified in Orthopedic Surgery and a Fellow of both the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Goldstein’s surgical expertise includes degenerative diseases, deformity, trauma, tumors, and infections. He has been recognized nationally and internationally as an expert in minimally invasive spine surgery and artificial disc replacement. He is currently leading the way in the introduction of robotic techniques and technologies to spinal surgery.
Dr. Goldstein serves on the editorial and advisory boards of The Spine Journal, The International Journal of Spine Surgery. The Global Spine Journal, The Bulletin of the Hospital for Joint Diseases, and the reviewer board for Spine. He is Chief Editor for Orthopedic Surgery (Spine) Medscape Reference.
Dr. Goldstein serves as the President of the International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS)
- Bachelor’s – Colgate University
- MD – State University of New York Downstate Medical Center at Brooklyn
- Residency – Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship – Maryland Spine Fellowship, Treatment of Disorders of the Spine
- Diplomate, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, 1998
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
- President, International Society for the Advancement of Spine Surgery (ISASS)
- North American Spine Society
- Cervical Spine Research Society
- International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Scoliosis Research Society
- American Orthopaedic Association
- Lumbar Spine Research Society
- Chief of Spine Service, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Director Spine Fellowship, NYU Hospital for Joint Diseases
- Clinical Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery, NYU School of Medicine
Awards and Honors
- Best Doctors in New York