Dr. Neel Mehta is an anesthesiologist and the Medical Director of Pain Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center. He specializes in treating spine and joint pain with minimally invasive, non-surgical procedures.
Active in education and research, Dr. Mehta serves as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology at Weill Cornell Medical College and has been published in peer-reviewed medical journals, such as Pain Medicine, The Journal of Pain, and the Journal of Pain Research. His expertise has been quoted in The New York Times.
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- President, Eastern Pain Association
- Member, American Society of Anesthesiology
- Member, American Society of Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
- Member, American Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- Member, North American Neuromodulation Society
- Executive Board, New York Society of Interventional Pain Physicians
- American Board of Anesthesiology
- Subspecialty Certification, Pain Medicine
- BA – Tufts University
- MD – Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency – Department of Anesthesiology, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowship – Interventional Pain Medicine, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center