Dr. Scott Boden is an orthopedic surgeon with more than 25 years of experience specializing in spine surgery. He is Director of the Emory Orthopaedics & Spine Center and Chairman of the Department of Orthopaedics at Emory University School of Medicine.
Dr. Boden is a researcher on such topics as spinal fusion and clinical outcomes relating to spinal disorders. He has taught courses on back and neck pain treatment and frequently lectures on orthopedic spine research. He has authored hundreds of scientific articles published in peer-reviewed medical journals and is the co-author of numerous books, including Operative Techniques and Spine Surgery and Low Back and Neck Pain.
Throughout his career Dr. Boden has served on various committees within the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the Orthopaedic Research Society, and the North American Spine Society. He has also served on the Editorial Boards of the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Spine, Contemporary Spine Surgery, and
Select Professional Memberships and Achievements
- Past President, American Orthopaedic Association
- Past President, International Society for the Study of the Lumbar Spine
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, North American Spine Society
- Member, Orthopaedic Research Society
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- BA – University of Pennsylvania
- MD – University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine
- Internship – General Surgery, George Washington University Medical Center
- Residency – Orthopaedic Surgery, George Washington University Medical Center
- Fellowship – Spinal Surgery, Case Western Reserve University Hospital