Dr. Vikas Patel is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon at the Spine Center at the University of Colorado Hospital and the Chief of Orthopedic Spine Surgery at the University of Colorado. He specializes in treating conditions of the cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine. Dr. Patel received his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine and completed his internship and residency at the University of California San Francisco Medical Center. He received training in orthopedic surgery of the spine as a fellow at St. John's Hospital.
In addition to his work at the Spine Center, Dr. Patel has several professional memberships, including the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgery and the North American Spine Society. He has also written extensively on spinal conditions and surgery.
- MD – Washington University School of Medicine
- Residency –University of California San Francisco Medical Center
- Internship – Department of Surgery, University of California San Francisco Medical Center
- Fellowship – Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine, St. John's Hospital
Areas of Specialization
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Failed back and neck surgery