Meet Dr. David C. DeWitt, MD
Dr. David DeWitt is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopedic surgeon in Appleton, Wisconsin. Dr. DeWitt's areas of interest are cervical disc herniation, degenerative disc disease, motion preservation surgery (artificial disc replacement,) lumbar disc herniation, spondylolithesis, trauma and tumor reconstructive surgery.
Dr. DeWitt performs the highest volume of Anterior Lumbar Fusions cases in the state per year. Utilizing an anterior approach provides more stability for the spine and is less invasive, but is less commonly performed since it is a more difficult approach. Most spine surgeons have done few cases using an anterior approach and many don’t attempt this approach at all.
Dr. DeWitt understands the necessity for patients who have been recommended surgery to understand their options and the entirety of the procedures presented to them, as well as what to expect after surgery. He understands that a full comprehension of risks and benefits needs to be considered before making an important decision about their backs. His neutral opinion and dedication to educating patients - along with his expertise and multidisciplinary team approach - ensures his patients have the best outcomes and quickest recovery times.
Dr. David C. DeWitt is an Orthopedic Surgeon with NeuroSpine Center of Wisconsin.
Are You Contemplating Spine Surgery? Watch a Short Video by Dr. DeWitt's Below:
I believe in a team approach to helping patients with spine disorders. At the NeuroSpine Center, this involves integrating surgical and nonsurgical care from experts in the diagnosis and management of spine disorders. Patients are active participants in their care and we work together to improve their quality of life.
Directions to our primary location in
How Dr. David C. DeWitt, MD Can Help You
- Orthopedic Surgeon
- Cervical Spine Disorders
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Degenerative Spinal Conditions
- Herniated Disc / Bulging Disc
- Isthmic And Degenerative Spondylolisthesis
- Lumbar Spine Disorders
- Lumbar Spine Disorders/Deformities
- Sciatica / Radiculopathy
- Spinal Stenosis
- Thoracic spine disorders
- ALIF (anterior lumbar interbody fusion)
- Anterior / Posterior Lumbar Fusion
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy / Decompression
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion
- Anterior Cervical Fusion
- Artificial Disc Replacement
- Cervical, Thoracic, And Lumbar Spinal Fusion
- Combined Front/back Decompression/fusion For Lumbar & Thoracic Spine
- Complex Spinal Reconstruction
- Lumbar Fusion
- Microdiscectomy / Microdecompression
- Microsurgical Discectomy
- Reconstructive Surgery
- TLIF: Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
- XLIF (lateral lumbar interbody fusion)
Accolades for Dr. David C. DeWitt, MD
- Fellowship, Orthopedic Spine Surgery - NeuroSpine Center of Wisconsin, Appleton, WI
- North American Spine Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Milwaukee Orthopedic Society
- Board Certified, American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Office Information for Dr. David C. DeWitt, MD
5320 West Michaels Drive
Appleton, WI 54913
This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.